Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A letter to a dear friend.

Dear Sophie,
I don't know how to start this letter to you. What do I write ? How do I stop the tears from shadowing my eyes as I type? What do I say? How do I say the many things I should have told you before? How do I tell you today, the things I should have said yesterday? Dear Sophie, there's no knowing whether you knew how much you meant to me. I never told you, but I told everybody else. I should have written more. No, I should have called more. You always broke the silence when I took long to communicate. You were always happy for me.
In s.2 when we became friends you taught me the meaning of friendship. We were so different yet such good friends. You laughed at my silly stories. I laughed at your 'phoney' German accent. We had good times. I just wish I had not taken them for granted. I always thought you'd be there when I got back. I hope you knew that you were loved, appreciated and that you forgive me for the time I took our friendship for granted.
May you rest in peace.
Love ,
your best friend,
Sophie

No comments: